Calcium Citrate + Vitamin D3 250 mg/ 50 IU 120 Caplets
Many people have heard about calcium deficiencies, but few people realize that having a stomach acid deficiency could be a factor in vitamin deficiency. Jamieson Vitamins Calcium Citrate + Vitamin D3 (120 caplets) contains calcium citrate, which is the easiest form of calcium to be absorbed by our bodies. Calcium citrate is easy to digest and can be taken on an empty stomach. The average person with low stomach acid will absorb 45% calcium citrate, compared with only 4% calcium carbonate.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, and is stored primarily in bones and teeth. Jamieson Calcium Citrate + D3 also contains 50 IU (per caplet) of vitamin D3 to help prevent excess calcium loss, and to help incorporate calcium into bones. Together, calcium and vitamin D help in the maintenance and and building of healthy bones and teeth. Other benefits of this nutritious duo include the following:
- control the formation of hormones and enzymes
- help build muscles and control muscle contractions
- help maintain a regular heartbeat
- transmit nerve pulses
- control osmosis diffusion through cell membranes and passes information within the cell
- help prevent hypoglycemia (i.e. chronic calcium deficiency), which is linked to approximately 150 different degenerative diseases and conditions
- provide anti-inflammatory support
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007), which is linked to approximately 150 different degenerative diseases and conditions.
- help fight insomnia
- supports colon and nervous system health
- may help reduce high blood pressure
Jamieson Calcium Citrate + Vitamin D is formulated with premium-grade, bioavailable Vitamin D3, the natural form synthesized by the body when skin is exposed to sunlight.
Adults take 1-4 Jamieson Calcium Citrate + D3 caplets daily with meals. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Store between 15°C-25°C.
Jamieson Calcium Citrate 250 mg +Vitamin D3 contains the following ingredients:
No sugar, starch, gluten, lactose or shellfish.
[per caplet (a tablet shaped as a capsule)]
- calcium citrate 250 mg
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 1.25 mcg/50 IU
- modified cellulose gum
- vegetable stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- water-soluble cellulose
- polyethylene glycol
- Brazilian palm tree wax
- Calcium can impair the absorption of the mineral iron. Foods high in phosphorus (animal protein and soft drinks) promote urinary loss of calcium. High consumption of caffeine, and excess dietary fat and fibre can inhibit calcium absorption. Calcium and/or vitamin D may be depleted by corticosteroids, bronchodilators, anti-osteoporotics, cholesterol-reducing medications, anti-gout medications, anti-tuberculosis drugs, Histamine (H2) blockers, oral contraceptives, and sulfonamides.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing or have a kidney or thyroid disorder.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Excess calcium can contribute to the development of kidneys stones, and may cause calcium deposits in the body.
- Store out of reach of children.