Chewable Calcium 350 mg | Natural Spearmint Flavour 100 Tablets
OUT OF STOCK
Child-Friendly | Natural Spearmint Flavour
Jamieson Vitamins Chewable Calcium 350 mg Natural Spearmint Flavour (100 chews) delivers 350 mg of elemental calcium. Up to 4 soft chews daily is enough to meet the daily recommended amount of calcium of people ages 1 year and older. This daily supplement is ideal for post-menopausal women, growing adolescents and people who don't like swallowing large pills.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, and is stored primarily in bones and teeth. Vitamin D helps the body absorb and utilize calcium and phosphorus. Calcium plays a central role in building and maintaining bones, teeth and cells. Meeting the daily recommended amount of calcium helps prevent bone loss and can reduce the chances of developing osteoporosis. This can help prevent people from experiencing bone fractures later in life.
Other health benefits of this nutritious mineral in include the following:
- controls the formation of hormones and enzymes
- helps build muscles and control muscle contractions
- helps maintain a regular heartbeat
- transmits nerve pulses
- controls osmosis diffusion through cell membranes and passes information within the cell
- helps prevent hypoglycemia (i.e. chronic calcium deficiency), which is linked to approximately 150 different degenerative diseases and conditions
- provides anti-inflammatory support
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007)
- helps fight insomnia
- plays a role in reducing premenstrual (PMS) symptoms
Children ages 1+ and adults, take 1 Chewable Calcium tablet 1-4 times daily. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications
Store between 15°C-25°C.
Jamieson Chewable Calcium 350 mg Natural Spearmint contains the following ingredients:
No salt (NaCl), starch, gluten or lactose.
- calcium (calcium carbonate, calcium citrate, calcium fumarate, calcium malate, calcium succinate, calcium glutamate) 350 mg
- vegetables stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- Natural Spearmint Flavour
- Calcium can impair the absorption of the mineral iron. Foods high in phosphorus (animal protein and soft drinks) promote urinary loss of calcium. High consumption of caffeine, and excess dietary fat and fibre can inhibit calcium absorption. Calcium and/or vitamin D may be depleted by corticosteroids, bronchodilators, anti-osteoporotics, cholesterol-reducing medications, anti-gout medications, anti-tuberculosis drugs, Histamine (H2) blockers, oral contraceptives, and sulfonamides.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing or have a kidney or thyroid disorder.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Excess calcium can contribute to the development of kidneys stones, and may cause calcium deposits in the body.
- Store out of reach of children.