Kids Chewable Vitamin D 400 IU | Natural Strawberry Flavour + Panda Shaped 100 Tablets
Ages 3+ | Natural Strawberry Flavour
Jamieson Vitamins Kid's Chewable Vitamin D 400 IU (100 tablets) is the tastiest way to take vitamins! These nutritious supplements come in friendly Panda shapes and contain no artificial flavours or sweeteners.
The daily recommended allowance (RDA) of vitamin D for children three years and older is 600 IU (Health Canada, 2011). Jamieson Kids Chewable Vitamin D3 provides 400 IU per tablet, taking into consideration that children often obtain vitamin D from multiple sources.
Benefits of vitamin D3 include the following:
- supports the growth and maintenance of bones, teeth and cells
- helps balance certain hormones
- supports proper immune function
- provides anti-inflammatory support
- helps the body utilize calcium and phosphorus
- helps prevent rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults (which is characterized by bone demineralization and therefore loss of bone mass)
According to Statistics Canada, about 25% of Canadians are vitamin D deficient. That number rises to 40% during winter months. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin, as the body can't produce it on its own. Vitamin deficiencies occur for many reasons, including long winters, geographic latitude, clouds or smog, and sunscreen or clothing.
Vitamin D is not found in many Canadians foods, and therefore many people require daily supplements in order to get enough. Some milk, fish and soy products are enriched with vitamin D, but our skin produces vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to sunlight.
Children ages 3+, take 1 Jamieson Vitamin D Panda chew daily.
Jamieson Kids Chewable Vitamin D 400 IU contains the following ingredients:
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 10 mcg/400 IU
- vegetable stearic acid
- citric acid
- natural strawberry flavour
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- natural carmine colour
- carrot extract
- orange extract
- cranberry extract
- citrus Extract
- Store out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Taking too much Vitamin D can cause non-specific symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, headache, poor appetite, weight loss, nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue.
- Excess Vitamin D can also increase blood levels of calcium (hypercalcemia), potentially causing heartbeat irregularities and deposition of calcium and phosphate in the kidneys and soft tissues (i.e. muscles).