Niacin 500 mg 100 Caplets
Jamieson Niacin 500 mg (100 caplets) contains 500 mg of niacin (also known as vitamin B3) per caplet. Niacin is an organic compound that's considered to be an essential human nutrient. Lack of niacin in a diet can lead to symptoms such as nausea, skin and mouth lesions, anemia, headaches, and fatigue.
Although few North Americans are deficient in niacin, many people can benefit from use of niacin supplements to improve high cholesterol levels, metabolism, and energy. Research shows that niacin’s effects compare favourably to cholesterol-lowering drugs.
- supports the digestive system by helping convert carbohydrates, proteins, and fats into energy
- improves circulation by dilating blood vessels
- helps maintain a healthy nervous system
- helps reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels
- raises HDL cholesterol levels
- helps regulate blood glucose levels
- helps maintain healthy skin
Jamieson's Niacin 500 mg contains a high source of vitamin B3 that is processed without heat and solvents to assure its integrity and effectiveness.
Take 1 Niacin 500 mg caplet daily with food.
Jamieson Niacin 500 mg (100 caplets) contains the following ingredients:
No salt (NaCl), sugar, starch, gluten or lactose.
[per caplet (a caplet is a tablet shaped as a capsule.)]
- Niacin (nicotinic acid)(vitamin B3) 500 mg
- dicalcium phosphate
- modified cellulose gum
- vegetable stearic acid
- magnesium stearate
- Statin drugs may react adversely with niacin.
- Oral contraceptives may deplete Vitamin B3 levels in the body.
- Niacin functions synergistically with: Anti-cholinergic drugs and the B complex family of vitamins.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose except on the advice of a physician. People sensitive to nicotinic acid may experience flushing of skin that is generally mild and transient.
- Niacin is a water-soluble vitamin and the body generally flushes out any excess in the urine.
- Niacin may cause mild flushing, itching, or burning sensations of the skin within 20 minutes after administration. This can be minimized by taking niacin on a full stomach or with a glass of milk.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing.