Prenatal & Postpartum Multivitamin + Multimineral Supplement 100 Caplets
Jamieson Vitamins Prenatal & Postpartum Multivitamin + Multimineral Supplement (100 caplets) provides nutrients for pregnant and nursing women. This health supplement, with 28 mg of iron and 1 mg of folic acid per caplet, provides basic nutritional support for expecting mothers and promotes the healthy development of the fetus.
- specially formulated complex of 33 vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- designed specifically for pregnant and nursing women
- fills the nutrient gap left by diet
- prepared in a natural base of acerola cherry, rosehips and bioflavonoids
- gentle on the stomach
- Folic acid is a water-soluble B vitamin that's involved in producing genetic material (DNA), and other bodily functions. Women who are pregnant (or might become pregnant) take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and neural tube defects. A baby's skull, brain and spine require folic acid in order to develop properly during these early weeks of pregnancy. To reduce the risk of neural tube defects, it is important to start taking vitamin supplements that contain folic acid even before you get pregnant. Neural tube defects (NTDs) are birth defects that occur when the neural tube fails to close during early pregnancy. This can result in abnormalities of the spine, brain, or skull, a stillbirth or a lifelong disability.
- Zinc is an essential element required for cell growth. In fact, zinc is necessary for the production, repair and functioning of DNA.
- Iron helps supply oxygen throughout the body. Iron is also used to make hemoglobin (the molecule in blood cells that colours them bright red). When you're pregnant, your body has more blood than usual, so it needs more iron in order to make hemoglobin. Iron-deficiency is also associated with pre-term delivery and low birth weight.
Jamieson Prenatal Multivitamin and Mineral Supplements contain the following ingredients:
Prepared in a natural base of acerolacherry, rosehips and bioflavonoids.
- vitamin A (acetate) 300 mcg RAE/1000 IU
- beta-carotene 1080 mcg
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 10 mcg/400 IU
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 150 mg
- vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 20 mg AT/30 IU
- vitamin B1(Thiamine mononitrate) 3 mg
- vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 3.75 mg
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl) 10 mg
- vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 10 mcg
- niacinamide 22 mg
- pantothenic acid (calcium d-pantothenate) 10 mg
- biotin 30 mcg
- folate (folic acid) 1000 mcg
- calcium (HVP chelate and carbonate) 200 mg
- magnesium (HVP chelate and oxide) 100 mg
- zinc (HVP chelate) 20 mg
- iron (HVP chelate & ferrous fumarate) 28 mg
- copper (HVP chelate) 1000 mcg
- chromium (HVP chelate) 25 mcg
- manganese (HVP chelate) 5 mg
- iodine (kelp) 150 mcg
- acerola cherry
- lemon bioflavonoids
- modified cellulose gum
- vegetable stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- natural peppermint flavour
- water-soluble celluose
- Brazilian palm tree wax
- Consult a health care professional prior to use about potential interactions that could occur between this multivitamin-mineral formula and any medications you are currently taking. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
- For adult use only.
- This product contains enough iron to seriously harm a child. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.