Soft Chews Mega Cal Calcium 650 mg with Vitamin D3 | French Caramel Flavour 60 Tablets
- control the formation of hormones and enzymes
- help build muscles and control muscle contractions
- help maintain a regular heartbeat
- transmit nerve pulses
- control osmosis diffusion through cell membranes and passes information within the cell
- help prevent hypoglycemia (i.e. chronic calcium deficiency), which is linked to approximately 150 different degenerative diseases and conditions
- provide anti-inflammatory support
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007)
Jamieson Mega Cal Calcium Soft Chew French Caramel contains the following ingredients:
[per soft chew]
- elemental calcium (calcium carbonate, calcium citrate, calcium malate, calcium fumarate, calcium succinate) 650 mg
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 10 mcg/400IU
- corn syrup
- corn syrup solids
- coconut oil
- milk solids
- natural and artificial vanilla flavour
- natural caramel flavour
- soy lecithin
- caramel colour
- Calcium can impair the absorption of the mineral iron. Foods high in phosphorus (animal protein and soft drinks) promote urinary loss of calcium. High consumption of caffeine, and excess dietary fat and fibre can inhibit calcium absorption. Calcium and/or vitamin D may be depleted by corticosteroids, bronchodilators, anti-osteoporotics, cholesterol-reducing medications, anti-gout medications, anti-tuberculosis drugs, Histamine (H2) blockers, oral contraceptives, and sulfonamides.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing or have a kidney or thyroid disorder.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Excess calcium can contribute to the development of kidneys stones, and may cause calcium deposits in the body.
- Store out of reach of children.