Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 250 mcg 100 Tablets
Jamieson Vitamins Vitamin B12 250 mcg (100 tablets) contains 100 mcg of high-quality vitamin B12 per tablet. Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient, which means the body can't produce it on its own. Having enough vitamin B12 in your diet can support the following body functions:
- plays a role in energy production by helping the body metabolize carbohydrates and fats
- reduces the risk of developing serious diseases, such as heart disease and dementia
- supports heart health, blood cells and tissues
- assists in the synthesis of essential fatty acids for maintaining myelin
- supports immune system and central nervous system function
- assures continuous synthesis of DNA (the genetic material in all cells)
Natural sources of vitamin B12 exist (e.g. beef, eggs and fish), but there are many individuals whose bodies can't absorb this vitamin, and rely on supplements in order to maintain their health.
These individuals may include the following:
- older adults (especially people over the age of 50) who do not have enough hydrochloric acid in their stomach to absorb vitamin B12
- people with anemia whose bodies can't absorb vitamin B12 as well
- people who have had gastrointestinal surgery (i.e. weight loss surgery) or who have digestive disorders, such as celiac disease or Crohn's disease
- people who do not eat enough dietary sources of vitamin B12
- certain medications (Metformin, proton pump inhibitors) can create vitamin B12 deficiencies
In extreme cases, vitamin B12 deficiency can cause damages to the nervous system. Other symptoms include the following:
- tiredness and weakness
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- megaloblastic anemia
- nerve problems (e.g. numbness and tingling in the hands and feet)
- dementia and poor memory
- soreness of the mouth or tongue
Adults, take 1 Jamieson Vitamin B12 tablet daily.
Jamieson Vitamins Vitamin B12 250 mcg contains the following ingredients:
No salt, sugar, starch, gluten or lactose.
- vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 250 mcg
- modified Cellulose Gum
- Vegetable magnesium stearate
- Excessive alcohol consumption, antibiotics, anti-acne drugs, anti-retrovirals, anti-gout drugs, anti-hypertensives, anti-tuberculosis drugs, anti-ulcer drugs, biguanides (oral anti-diabetic drugs), histamine (H2) blocking drugs, oral contraceptives, proton pump inhibitors, sulfonamides (anti-infectives), tetracyclines (anti-infectives) and epilepsy (seizure) medications can deplete Vitamin B12 levels.
- It is important to ensure adequate folic acid intake with supplemental Vitamin B12 use, because a high intake of one of these vitamins can mask a deficiency of the other.
- No known side effects when taken as directed.
- Do not exceed recommended dose, unless directed by a health care professional.
- Store out of reach of children.