Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg Strips | Fresh Mint Flavour 30 Pieces
Jamieson Vitamins B12 (Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg Strips Fresh Mint Flavour (30 strips) contains 1,000 mcg of vitamin B12 per dissolvable strip . Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient, which means that the body can't produce it on its own. Having enough vitamin B12 in your diet can support the following health benefits:
- assists the body in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fat for energy production
- supports the cardiovascular system
- plays a role in red blood cell production
- promotes healthy blood cells and tissues
- assists in the synthesis of essential fatty acids for maintaining myelin
- plays an important role in healthy immune system and central nervous system function
- assures continuous synthesis of DNA (the genetic material in all cells)
Natural sources of vitamin B12 exist (e.g. beef, eggs and fish), but there are many individuals whose bodies can't absorb this vitamin, and rely on supplements in order to maintain their health. These individuals may include the following:
- older adults (especially people over the age of 50) who do not have enough hydrochloric acid in their stomach to absorb vitamin B12
- people with anemia whose bodies can't absorb vitamin B12 as well
- people who have had gastrointestinal surgery (i.e. weight loss surgery) or who have digestive disorders, such as celiac disease or Crohn's disease (certain conditions sometimes decrease the amount of vitamin B12 that the body can absorb)
- people who do not eat enough dietary sources of vitamin B12
- certain medications (Metformin, proton pump inhibitors) can create vitamin B12 deficiencies
Jamieson Vitamins Vitamin B12 1,000 mcg Strips contain the following ingredients:
- vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg
- sodium alginate
- soy lecithin
- modified cellulose
- natural freshmint flavour
- polysorbate 80
- corn starch
- modified corn starch
- Vitamin B12 supplementation can mask a folate deficiency. Consult a health care professional if you are uncertain whether or not you are getting adequate folate.
- Folic acid and Vitamin B6 provide support when used in combination with Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 may improve the effects of depression in individuals taking anti-cholinergic drugs.
- No known side effects when taken as directed.
- Do not exceed recommended dose unless directed by a health care professional.
- Store out of reach of children.