Vitamin D3 1,000 IU Sublingual Tablets 150 Tablets
Don't like swallowing pills? Sublingual tablets slip under the tongue and dissolve in 30 seconds!
Jamieson Vitamins Sublingual Vitamin D3 1,000 IU (150 tablets) is a convenient vitamin D3 supplement made from premium Quali-D, which is an allergen and GMO-free pharmaceutical-grade vitamin D3.
Vitamin D has two forms. Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) is plant and fungus-derived, while vitamin D3 (found in this supplement) is produced when sunlight touches skin; Vitamin D3 is therefore a more natural vitamin D form.
Benefits of this essential vitamin include the following:
- supports the development and maintenance of bones, teeth and cells
- helps balance certain hormones
- supports immune function
- provides anti-inflammatory support
- helps the body utilize calcium and phosphorus
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007)
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, which means it can be stored in the body. Vitamin D is not found in many Canadians foods, and therefore many people require daily supplements in order to get enough. Some milk, fish and soy products are enriched with vitamin D, but our skin produces vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to sunlight.
Vitamin D deficiencies can aslo occur for the following reasons:
- long winters
- geographic latitude
- sunscreens that reduce UV ray exposure and vitamin D synthesis
Adults, take one Sublingual Vitamin D3 tablet daily.
Jamieson Vitamins Sublingual Vitamin D3 1,000 IU contains the following ingredients:
No salt, sugar, gluten, gelatin, artificial colors or flavors, or preservatives.
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 25 mcg/1,000 IU
- dicalcium phosphate
- calcium carbonate
- natural orange flavour
- vegetable stearic acid
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Taking too much vitamin D can cause non-specific symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, headache, poor appetite, weight loss, nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue.
- Excess vitamin D can also increase blood levels of calcium (hypercalcemia), potentially causing heartbeat irregularities and deposition of calcium and phosphate in the kidneys and soft tissues (i.e. muscles).
- Store out of reach of children.