Vitamins B6 + B12 and Folic Acid | Homocysteine Formula | BONUS 90+20 Tablets
OUT OF STOCK
BONUS 110 tablets for the price of 90
According to Statistics Canada, one Canadian dies from heart disease or stroke every seven minutes (2011). Jamieson Vitamins Vitamins B6 + B12 and Folic Acid Homocysteine Formula (110 tablets) is a daily vitamin supplement that promotes cardiovascular health by helping regulate and reduce homocysteine levels in the blood.
Homocysteine is an amino acid and a building block of proteins. Found in the blood, homocysteine is acquired mostly from eating meat. High levels of homocysteine are associated with the early development of heart and blood vessel disease.
Vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid work together to break down excess homocysteine in the body, and in so doing so, reducing the risk of arterial plaque from accumulating in blood vessels. People at risk of high, circulating homocysteine levels can benefit from supplementing with vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and folic acid to bring blood levels back into the healthy range.
These water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body, with the exception of B12, which is stored in the liver. Therefore, these nutrients must be replenished daily for optimal health. Obtaining these nutrients from the diet alone can be difficult since they are depleted by food processing, storing and cooking.
Health benefits of Jamieson Homocysteine Formula include the following:
- helps lower the risk of developing heart disease
- helps reduce likelihood of stroke
- helps reduce the risk of neural-tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy
- plays a role in energy production by metabolizing amino acids, proteins, fats and carbohydrates
- promotes a healthy nervous system
- takes part in red blood cell synthesis
- may ease symptoms of anxiety and depression
- helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
Jamieson Vitamins Homocysteine Formula contains the following ingredients:
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl) 75 mg
- vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 150 mcg
- folate (folic acid) 800 mcg
- modified cellulose gum
- vegetable stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- dicalcium phosphate
- Do not exceed recommended dosage. Very large doses of folic acid can be harmful for individuals with hormone-related cancers (i.e. breast or prostate cancer), and may cause seizures in individuals with epilepsy. Over the long term, high dose Vitamin B6 supplementation may cause nerve damage, which is reversible if use is discontinued.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are taking medications or are pregnant or nursing.