Zinc Gluconate 25 mg 100 Tablets
OUT OF STOCK
Jamieson Vitamins Zinc Gluconate 25 mg (100 tablets) is a supplement that contains pure elemental zinc gluconate, a naturally-occurring mineral that the body uses each day in order to function properly. Zinc is often used as short-term therapy to help reduce cold and flu symptoms and to help arm the immune system. Most people need only use zinc regularly for about one week while cold symptoms persist.
Other individuals who may benefit from taking zinc supplements include the following:
- people with zinc deficiency associated with diarrhea
- people who've undergone gastrointestinal surgery
- people with digestive disorders, such as sprue, Crohn's disease and short bowel syndrome
Zinc is associated with the function of about 3,000 different proteins and 200 different enzymes throughout the body. It functions as an antioxidant, supporting the body's natural defense system.
- helps strengthen the immune system
- is involved in tissue remodeling, cell repair, cell division and cell growth
- essential for normal fetal growth
- essential for the synthesizing of RNA and DNA
- helps maintain mood, mental clarity, and sleep (as it is used to help make serotonin and melatonin)
- promotes proper sense of taste and smell (helps produce the enzyme called carbonic anhydrase)
- helps maintain normal blood levels of Vitamin A
The immune system can really take a hit when it's zinc deficient. The body can become more susceptible to infections, and wounds can take longer to heal. Severe zinc deficiency problems can include the following:
- prostate enlargement
- male infertility
- psychiatric illnesses (including depression)
- macular degeneration
Jamieson's Zinc Gluconate is the most highly absorbable forms of zinc available. It's also free of toxic metals.
Take one Zinc 25 mg tablet daily with food, or as directed by a health care professional.
Jamieson Vitamins Zinc 25 mg contains the following ingredients:
No salt, sugar, starch, gluten or lactose.
- elemental zinc (gluconate) 25 mg
- microcrystalline cellulose
- dicalcium phosphate dihydrate
- croscarmellose sodium
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- Zinc can interfere with the following medications: Anti-Arthritics/Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
- Take zinc at least two hours after taking antibiotics.
- Excess zinc can inhibit the absorption of copper and iron.
- Occasional nausea may be experienced if zinc is taken on an empty stomach.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from children.
- Use of zinc tablets should be limited to short term therapy, such as the treatment of cold symptoms for about one week.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Zinc intakes of 150 to 450 mg per day have been associated with low copper status (which could lead to anemia), altered iron function, reduced immune function, and reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL), also known as the “good” cholesterol.