Zinc Lozenge with Echinacea and Vitamin C | Wild Cherry Flavour 30
Jamieson Vitamins Zinc Lozenges with Echinacea and Vitamin C Natural Wild Cherry Flavour (30 lozenges) is a tasty vitamin and mineral aid that helps reduce the duration and severity of common cold symptoms.
- helps enhance the immune system
- helps relieve cold and flu symptoms
- helps ward off viruses and restore the body to health
Jamieson's Zinc Lozenges contain zinc citrate, a naturally-occurring mineral that the body uses each day in order to function properly. Zinc is often used as short-term therapy to help reduce cold and flu symptoms and to help arm the immune system. Most people need only use zinc regularly for about one week while cold symptoms persist.
Zinc is associated with the function of about 3,000 different proteins and 200 different enzymes throughout the body. It functions as an antioxidant, supporting the body's natural defense system and bolstering the immune system.
These lozenges contain vitamin C, which has been linked to reducing the severity, duration or occurrence of cold symptoms. They also contain echinacea extract.
- Echinacea is an herb (related to the daisy) that is used to help fight infections, such as those associated with the common cold, flu and other upper respiratory infections. Echinacea functions as an antifungal and antibiotic and is loaded with beneficial plant compounds that speed up healing and help ward off the common cold.
Adults and children 12 years and older, take one Jamieson Zinc Lozenge at the first sign of a sore, dry throat or other cold or flu symptoms. Dissolve lozenge slowly in mouth.
- Children age four and older should not exceed two lozenges daily.
- Children age nine and older should not exceed four lozenges daily.
- Young adults age 19 and older should not exceed 10 lozenges daily.
Jamieson Zinc Lozenges with Echinacea + Vit C Wild Cherry contains the following ingredients:
No salt, gluten or lactose; no artificial colours or flavours.
- zinc (zinc citrate) 5 mg
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 50 mg
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2.5 mg/110 IU
Non-Medicinal Supporting Nutrients:
- Echinacea angustifolia extract
- matural wild cherry flavour
- vegetable stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- Zinc may reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics, such as quinolones and tetracyclines. Take zinc lozenges at least two hours after ingesting these medications.
- Zinc supplementation can cause a copper deficiency.
- Consult a health care professional prior to taking Zinc Lozenges if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Do not take Jamieson Zinc Lozenges if you are allergic to any of the plants in the Asterareae, Compositae or daisy family.