Time Release Vitalux-S with Lutein 5 mg | For Smokers & Ex-Smokers 50 Tablets
Alcon Vitalux-S with Lutein 5 mg (50 tablets) is a beta-carotene-free product that is specially formulated for smokers or ex-smokers. Vitalux-S is identical to the Vitalux AREDS formula but without beta-carotene. Research shows that smokers taking beta-carotene may increase their risk of developing lung cancer.
- contains vitamins C and E, and minerals zinc and copper
Lutein and zeaxanthin make up a majority of the of macular pigment.
- Lutein (commonly called "the eye vitamin") and zeaxanthin, are carotenoids (organic plant pigments that function as antioxidants). Carotenoids help filter harmful high-energy blue wavelengths (light) and protect the eye against free radical damage. Other benefits include helping prevent cataracts, retain peripheral vision, and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Vitamin C (250 mg) functions as an antioxidant and helps prevent cataracts (the clouding of the eye that may lead to blindness). To counteract free radical damage, the eye needs a lot of vitamin C as it concentrates in the lens.
Adults 50 years or older, take 1 Vitalux-S caplets 2 times daily with meals. Take a few hours before or a few hours after taking other medications. Do not crush the caplets.
Vitalux-S Time Release with Lutein 5 mg contains the following ingredients:
[per caplet (a tablet shaped as s capsule)]
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 250 mg
- vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 134 mg AT/200 IU
- zinc (zinc gluconate) 40 mg
- copper (copper HVP chelate) 1 mg
- lutein (Tagetes erecta, marigold flower) 5 mg
- zeaxanthin 250 mcg
- microcrystalline cellulose
- vegetable stearic acid
- vegetable magnesium stearate
- calcium silicate
- titanium dioxide
- hydroxpropyl cellulose
- polyethylene glycol
- caramel colour
- polysorbate 80
- carnauba wax
- ethyl vanillin
- diacetylated monoglycerides
- xanthan gum
- Zinc supplements can cause copper deficiency.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are experiencing decreased vision, are pregnant or nursing, or are taking tetracylines.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you have cancer, cardiovascular disease, or diabetes.
- This product has come into contact with soy, fish, and sulphites. Do not use if you are allergic to any of these.
- Store out of reach of children.