Adult Chewable Vitamin D3 1,000 IU | Natural Orange Flavour 180 Tablets
OUT OF STOCK
Webber Naturals Adult Chewable Vitamin D3 1,000 IU (180 tablets) is a great-tasting vitamin D3 supplement formulated for vitamin D deficient people, or for people looking to maintain health benefits of the daily recommended allowance of vitamin D. Some health care professionals recommend that adults under the age of 50 years take 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily.
Ability for the body to produce sunlight with sun exposure declines with age, and people over the age of 50 may be able to make as little as 25% of the vitamin D as a 20 year old.
Benefits of vitamin D3 include the following:
- supports the growth and maintenance of bones, teeth and cells
- helps balance certain hormones
- supports proper immune function
- provides anti-inflammatory support
- helps the body utilize calcium and phosphorus
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007)
- helps prevent rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults (which is characterized by bone demineralization and therefore loss of bone mass)
- may ease symptoms associated with thyroid conditions and arthritis
According to Statistics Canada, about 25% of Canadians are vitamin D deficient. That number rises to 40% during winter months. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin, as the body can't produce it on its own. Vitamin deficiencies occur for many reasons, including long winters, geographic latitude, clouds or smog, and sunscreen or clothing.
Vitamin D is not found in many Canadians foods, and therefore many people require daily supplements in order to get enough. Some milk, fish and soy products are enriched with vitamin D, but our skin produces vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to sunlight.
Vitamin D supplements are especially beneficial for people over the age of 50, as the body's ability to produce vitamin through sun exposure declines naturally with age. Statistic Canada notes that people who don't take vitamin D supplements are 50% more likely to be vitamin D deficient compared with people who take vitamin D supplements.
Adults, take 1 Webber Naturals Adult Chewable Vitamin D3 1,000 IU daily with food.
Webber Naturals Vitamin D3 Orange Flavour contains the following ingredients:
- vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 25 mcg/1,000 IU
- microcrystalline cellulose
- modified food starch
- natural orange flavour
- citric acid, sucrose
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- sodium ascorbate
- medium chain triglycerides
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Taking too much Vitamin D can cause non-specific symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, headache, poor appetite, weight loss, nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue.
- Excess Vitamin D can also increase blood levels of calcium (hypercalcemia), potentially causing heartbeat irregularities and deposition of calcium and phosphate in the kidneys and soft tissues (i.e. muscles).
- Store out of reach of children.
- Consult a health care professional prior to taking Webber Naturals Chewable Vitamin D if you are pregnant or nursing.