Folic Acid 400 mcg for Women 90 Tablets
Webber Naturals Women’s Health Folic Acid 400 mcg (90 tablets) contains 400 mcg of folic acid per tablet. Folic acid is a water-soluble B vitamin that's involved in producing genetic material (DNA), and other bodily functions.
- helps prevent folic acid deficiency (and subsequent diseases, which include ulcerative colitis, liver disease, alcoholism, kidney dialysis, etc.)
- helps prevent anemia
- supports bowel health (helps the bowel absorb nutrients properly)
- required for energy production, immune support, and for the formation of red blood cells
Women who are pregnant (or might become pregnant) take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and “neural tube defects." A baby's skull, brain, and spine require folic acid in order to develop properly during these early weeks of pregnancy.
To reduce the risk of neural tube defects, it is important to start taking vitamin supplements that contain folic acid even before you get pregnant. Neural tube defects (NTDs) are birth defects that occur when the neural tube fails to close during early pregnancy. This can result in abnormalities of the spine, brain, or skull, a stillbirth, or a lifelong disability.
Health care professionals suggest taking folic acid supplements before and throughout a pregnancy.
Take 1-2 tablets daily.
Webber Naturals Folic Acid 400 mcg (90) contains the following ingredients:
- folic acid (Folate) 400 mcg
- microcrystalline cellulose
- dicalcium phosphate dihydrate
- stearic acid
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- Do not take more than the recommended dose. This could cause more harm than good.
- Store out of reach of children.
- We recommend you consult a health care professional prior to taking this product.