L-Lysine 500 mg | Essential Amino Acid | Vegetarian 60 Capsules
Webber Naturals L-Lysine 500 mg (60 capsules) contains 500 mg of l-lysine in an easy-to-swallow capsule form. l-lysine is an essential amino acid that's not produced by your body, and has to be acquired through diet and supplementation. It is recommended that people eat at least one source of lysine each day, although many people don't.
Amino acids are organic compounds that have central roles as building blocks of proteins, and as intermediates in metabolism. L-lysine is part of all proteins in the human body. Since l-lysine is a primary component of proteins, it is especially important that growing children have enough l-lysine in their diet. Low levels of lysine may result in a protein deficiency.
- Herpes Prevention | L-lysine acts as a antiviral that helps prevent cold sores, or helps existing cold sores heal faster.
- Cholesterol | L-lysine converts into carnitine (which helps the body burn fat) in the liver. Research suggests that this fat burning ability may result in lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Bone health | L-lysine helps the body to absorb the calcium and reduce calcium waste.
- Stress | Research suggests high l-lysine diets may help reduce feelings of anxiety and stress.
Webber Naturals L-Lysine 500 mg (60) contains the following ingredients:
- L-Lysine (hydrochloride) 500 mg
- vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum, purified water, silica)
- rice starch
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- Too much l-lysine may lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramping. You may develop gallstones or elevated triglycerides.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or are taking medications (antibiotics) consult a health professional prior to use.
- L-lysine is processed in the liver. Consult a health care professional prior to use.
- Store out of reach of children.