Organic Cold Milled Ground Flaxseed 425 g
Flax is one of the oldest fibre crops in the world. Webber Naturals Certified Organic Cold Milled Ground Flaxseed (425 g) is a rich source of dietary fibre, micronutrients, protein, antioxidants, and essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (also known as ALA or omega-3). In fact, Webber Naturals Flaxseed provides 2700 mg of omega-3 per serving, and can be added to smoothies, salads, yogurt, cereals, etc.. Flaxseeds have a pleasant, nutty taste, and there are many great flaxseed recipes that can be found online.
The Latin translation of flax means "the most useful."
- helps improve omega-6 to omega-3 acid ratio
- promotes regularity by adding bulk to stool and drawing water into digestive track
- helps lower blood cholesterol
- improves immune function
Regular consumption of flax may also decrease likelihood of developing chronic inflammatory diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and obesity. Since flax contains ALA (a short chained omega-3 fatty acid), flax seeds promote overall cardiovascular health.
Webber Naturals Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of lignans, which are a group of plant chemical compounds. Lignans are phytoestrogens, estrogen-like chemicals that act as antioxidants with anti-inflammatory powers.
To retain freshness, ground flaxseed should be refrigerated and used within a few months.
Webber Naturals Organic Ground Flaxseed (425 g) contains the following ingredients:
- 100% certified organic, cold milled ground flaxseed (Linum usitatissimun L)
- Read label to find out how to add food to food or drinks.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Doses of 30 grams and higher per day may cause loose stools and diarrhea.
- Prior to use, consult a health care professional if you are pregnant, nursing, or have a bleeding disorder.