SAMe 200 mg Enteric Coated Tablet 30 Tablets
OUT OF STOCK
Webber Naturals SAMe 200 mg Enteric Coated Tablets (30 tablets) is a daily supplement that supports joint and liver health. Studies also show that SAMe helps elevate mood, and may prevent depression.
- S-Adenosyl-Methionine (or SAMe) is a natural chemical compound made by the body. SAMe plays a pivotal role in metabolism, but SAMe production can decline with age. SAMe is by far the most important methyl-donor in methylation metabolism, contributing to the health of body tissues.
SAMe supplementation has been found to improve a range of health problems and it may be useful in treating many conditions, including depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disease.
The value of SAMe in treating mild depression has been well recognized. General depression is thought to arise with the decline in production of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, most importantly norepinephrine and serotonin. These key mediators of mood are formed by SAMe methylation. SAMe levels in the brain have been shown to be lower in depressed patients. Also, SAMe is a factor in the methylation of brain cell membranes, which facilitates greater brain sensitivity to the neurotransmitters.
In people with mild to moderate depression, SAMe treatment produced significantly better results than placebo and worked as well as conventional drug therapy. Treatment with SAMe was associated with an improvement of approximately 6 points in the score of the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HAM-D), a questionnaire commonly used to assess the severity of depression.
SAMe should always be taken on an empty stomach.
For depression/cholestasis: Take 1 to 4 tablets orally, twice a day for 2 weeks.
For osteoarthritis: Take 1 to 3 tablets orally, twice a day for 2 weeks.
Reduce daily dose to 1 tablet daily after 2 weeks.
Do not exceed a total of 8 tablets a day. Effects should be seen within 2 weeks of starting supplementation.
Webber Naturals SAMe Enteric Coated Tablets 200 mg contains the following ingredients:
No artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners; no dairy, soy, starch, wheat or yeast.
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) (from 400 mg of SAMe Disulfate Tosylate)
- microcrystalline cellulose
- enteric coating (methacrylic acid copolymer, talc, triethyl citrate, silica, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide)
- glyceryl behenate
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- sodium salt
- Do not exceed recommended 8 tablets per day.
- If taking anti-depressant medication, consult a physician prior to taking SAMe in place of or in addition to those medications
- Not recommended for children. Store out of reach of children.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- People with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) should not use SAMe unless under medical supervision