Vitamin D3 1,000 IU | BONUS +20 tablets 260 Tablets
Bonus Size | 260 tablets for the price of 240
Webber Naturals Vitamin D3 1,000 IU (260 tablets) contains vitamin D3, which is sometimes called the sunshine vitamin. Skin makes vitamin D3 when its exposed to ultraviolet sunlight, with vitamin D3 thought of as the more natural form of vitamin D. Ability for the body to produce sunlight with sun exposure declines with age, and people over the age of 50 may be able to make as little as 25% of the vitamin D as a 20 year old.
Benefits of vitamin D3 include the following:
- supports the growth and maintenance of bones, teeth and cells
- helps balance certain hormones
- supports proper immune function
- provides anti-inflammatory support
- helps the body utilize calcium and phosphorus
- may reduce the risk of developing some cancers (e.g. colorectal, breast and colon) according to the Canadian Cancer Society (2007)
- helps prevent rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults (which is characterized by bone demineralization and therefore loss of bone mass)
- may ease symptoms associated with thyroid conditions and arthritis
According to Statistics Canada, about 25% of Canadians are vitamin D deficient. That number rises to 40% during winter months. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin, as the body can't produce it on its own. Vitamin deficiencies occur for many reasons, including long winters, geographic latitude, clouds or smog, and sunscreen or clothing.
Vitamin D is not found in many Canadians foods, and therefore many people require daily supplements in order to get enough. Some milk, fish and soy products are enriched with vitamin D, but our skin produces vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to sunlight.
Vitamin D supplements are especially beneficial for people over the age of 50, as the body's ability to produce vitamin through sun exposure declines naturally with age. Statistic Canada notes that people who don't take vitamin D supplements are 50% more likely to be vitamin D deficient compared with people who take vitamin D supplements.
Adults, take 1 Webber Naturals Vitamin D3 1,000 tablet daily with meals.
Webber Naturals Vitamin D3 1000 IU contains the following ingredients:
No artificial flavours, preservatives or sweeteners; no dairy, wheat, or yeast.
- vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 25 mcg (1000 IU)
- microcrystalline cellulose
- dicalcium phosphate dihydrate
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- Store out of reach of children.
- Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are taking other vitamin and mineral supplements, or if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.