Zinc Citrate 50 mg Tablets 180
Webber Naturals Zinc Citrate 50 mg (90 tablets) is a dietary supplement that contains a highly absorbable form of zinc. Zinc is an essential trace element, of which small amounts are needed every day in order to maintain normal body function. In fact, zinc is associated with the function of about 3,000 different proteins and 200 different enzymes throughout the body!
- strengthens the immune system
- is involved in tissue remodeling, cell repair, cell division and cell growth
- essential for normal fetal growth
- essential for the synthesizing of RNA and DNA
- helps maintain mood, mental clarity and sleep (as it is used to help make serotonin and melatonin)
- promotes proper sense of taste and smell (helps produce the enzyme called carbonic anhydrase)
- helps maintain normal blood levels of Vitamin A
The immune system can really take a hit when it's zinc deficient. The body can become more susceptible to infections, and wounds can take longer to heal. Other deficiency problems can include the following:
- prostate enlargement
- male infertility
- psychiatric illnesses (including depression)
- macular degeneration
Zinc is often used as short-term therapy to help reduce cold and flu symptoms and to help arm the immune system. Most people need only use zinc regularly for about one week while cold symptoms persist.
Individuals who may benefit from taking zinc supplements include the following:
- people with zinc deficiency associated with diarrhea
- people who've undergone gastrointestinal surgery
- people with digestive disorders, such as sprue, Crohn's disease and short bowel syndrome
Mild zinc deficiency is not uncommon in infants, children, pregnant women, nursing women, the elderly, people with poor gastrointestinal absorption or bowel disease (e.g. Crohn's disease), and those with vegetarian or vegan diets. Zinc is particularly important for pregnant women, as zinc is required for cell division.
Take 1 Webber Naturals Zinc Citrate 50 mg tablet daily with a meal.
Webber Naturals Zinc Citrate 50 mg contains the following ingredients:
- elemental zinc (citrate) 50 mg
- microcrystalline cellulose
- vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant)
- Zinc can interfere with the following medications: Anti-Arthritics/Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
- Take zinc at least two hours after taking antibiotics.
- Excess zinc can inhibit the absorption of copper and iron.
- Occasional nausea may be experienced if zinc is taken on an empty stomach.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from children.
- Use of zinc tablets should be limited to short term therapy, such as the treatment of cold symptoms for about one week.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Zinc intakes of 150 to 450 mg per day have been associated with low copper status (which could lead to anemia), altered iron function, reduced immune function, and reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL), also known as the “good” cholesterol.